The Umma Party (Arabic: حزب الأمة, Hizb Al-Umma) is a small Egyptian political party with a total membership of around 185 members. The party platform presses for promoting socialist democracy and adopting the Islamic sharia as the main source of legislation. The Party expresses full support to efforts to establish peace with Israel.
- Considers Egypt a part of the Arab and Islamic world
- Calls for establishing a socialist and democratic system in Egypt
- Calls of the adoption of Islamic law as the main source of legislation
- Supports all efforts to establish peace with Israel
- The party calls for building the society on principles of labor and production
The Party nominated its head, Ahmed Al-Sabahi, to run for Egypt's first contested presidential elections. The Party fielded one candidate in the 2000 legislative polls.